Thursday, January 29, 2009

Elle's Field trip

My absolutely amazing photography skills.......
Elle and her best bud Mason. LOVED his expression!

Cool stuffed animals

Elle's favorite, the polar bear

The very fast paced tour of the place.
Like I want to look at you when I have all this to look at??!!




Today Elle's preschool class went to the Museum. I was able to go with her, and it was fun. I also had a wonderful test about my photography skills......or in this case extreme lack of. I usually help take some pics for the end of the year slide show thing right? Today, being inside, and twenty plus children really tested me. Wow. I couldn't move my settings and shoot quick enough before the kids moved or the lighting changed. It was dark in several areas. So all I got was major red blur going on. I've got a ton of work to do.....

Elle loved it. They handed out cute little red binoculars to all the kids. It was very entertaining. :) Her favorite part was the polar bear. They dimmed the lights and made thunder noises and strobe lights for the lightning. **Thought for cool museum people.......why on earth would you try to scare 26 preschoolers out of their minds?!! The kids have been potty trained for how long? Their bowels are that strong yet. Nice. Smart people.
On the way home I asked Elle what her favorite parts where etc. She is telling me everything she remembered and then she said, "mom, I wasn't scared. I was brave. The lightning didn't scare me." Cute. My little scaredy cat was brave:)
**note to everyone who doesn't know Elle or have heard her talk. This is a mix of british and kid accent. Very Cute.**
And I'm kickin myself because she said a word that she hasn't ever used before. But of course I can't remember what she said for the life of me!!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

She is sooo cute, her expressions are very telling of what she is thinking. Glad you got to go. All mine are out of field trips with moms...so sad!! Great photos of the animals.

The Leithead Family said...

How fun!! Did any of the kids pee their pants?? ha ha!! I loved the very first picture with all the movement...very cool!!

Racheal said...

Was this at the dixie center that they went. Just curious cause it looks like something fun for me and the kids todo on a dull weekend!