Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Not again!

So last night I'm in one of those stupid stages of sleep where I think I'm sleeping, but in all actuality I'm wide freakin awake! (A nice dose of sleeping meds would be very welcome on those nights!!) Anyhow, all of a sudden I'm hearing a noise that sounds like the girls' doll stroller being pushed by a maniac, or a strong wind blowing the blinds around like......like.....whatever that would be compared to!! What the.... I thought at first one of the girls was up. Nope. Scared out of my freakin mind, I get up (while Eli is still off in dreamland) and start turning on some lights, moving very slowly towards the kitchen.....I flip on the light and start to peek around the corner and decide this is not for me. I go back in the bedroom and wake up Eli. He goes in and one of our unbaited mouse traps was set. And we had another stupid mouse!!! This one stepped on it and it got its leg. The little guy was trying to get in a tight corner with a block on his leg and it just wouldn't work! Eli puts it (mouse and all) in a jar and fills er up with water.

Brief commerical.................You might want to put a movie on for the kids or if you have a weak stomach, stop reading here. Serious. Its gross, inhumane, disgusting, etc.

You know on Ratatouille (the kids show) where the mouse is getting ready to drown and he opens his mouth all huge like, over and over and is trying so hard to catch some air?

Back to our program........

Well this mouse is doing the EXACT same thing!!! (Yes I know this is the worst kind of horrible thing ever to do to a animal.....even a nasty rodent like this one) Well for the love of Pete, they HAD to have drown a mouse to see what it would do!!!! We watched this poor (extremely gross varment) creature suffer for a matter of seconds before.......ya, you get the picture.

I'm cleaning like a mad woman today.................................... I can't believe I actually just told everyone that. Who really admits to having mice in their house!! Um, gross!! Seriously I clean!! Promise!

(Side note for Kacee, Catherine, Kari, and mom. Remember when we watched that show on BBC. How Clean is your House?? Need I say more!!!!??)

SIGH................... I need to post about something much cleaner...... and happier. Hopefully tomarrow afternoon I will have that great news. We are crossing our fingers. Mostly for us, but for your sake, so you want to come back and read our blog.

6 comments:

Kacee said...

I'm gonna go rent that movie so i can watch that and picture you gagging!!! hahaha :)

The Leithead Family said...

I am laughing. That is all I can say.

Linda said...

I love to visit your site just to see all the great photograqhy. You really should think about going pro.

Stacey said...

YOu are hilarious! he way your wrot that is great! Hope there are no more mice...but...where there is 1.....? :)

Geraldine said...

I have a hard time feeling sorry for the rat. Don't they know where their place is? NOT IN THE HOUSE!
I love reading your blog. Keep it up.

Kari said...

Haha your such a nerd! I think you have a ways to go before your house gets as bad as the ones on that show!