Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Oh the LUCK

Sometimes we think I hope my kid doesn't get my nose, or I hope they get my eyelashes etc. You get my drift. We don't want them to get certain attributes. In our case, our LUCK. Or more like it.....the lack there-of. BUT.......du-du-du-don!!!!

Today, we had a break-through. For a couple of minutes......more like seconds.

I was running around this morning trying to figure out Eli's paperwork and round stuff up that he needs. Time got away from me, so I sent Eli to the bus stop with Blynn. He sent her off a minute before he got out the door.

So, when he returns back home he non-shalauntly tells me our daughter found $110 at the bus stop. Just like he would say, "hey hun, i think we are out of toilet paper." Yeah. Just like that.

What the??!! I look at him and start laughing because stuff like this does not happen to me or anyone in my family. In fact, it's just the opposite.

Then he states that he is serious and repeats what happened to me. He said he got down there and Blynn and one of the other little girls were playing in the rocks. Blynn said, "dad I found some money."
The other little girl said, "it's ten dollars". Blynn, being the smart little girl she is said, "No dad its a hundred dollars."

End of story. I think not.

Quick as that, another dad at the stop, jumped up off the grass and was at Eli's side in a heart beat. Eli had the little wad in hand. It was a hundred and a ten. The guy grabs it from Eli's hand and said he knows who it belongs to. Yes, he grabs it from him. Rips it from his hands. He tells a quick little story about how he knows who it belongs to. Thats the end. Eli comes home like nothin happened and its not his deal. It bugged me. All day. I'm laughing, but seriously, something about the whole thing bugged me bad. We would have turned it in. Promise. We wouldn't have kept it. Did I want it?? Ya. Who wouldn't? (finders keepers, losers wheepers RIGHT?!) haha! :) Maybe it was the fact how this guy reacted. Cool if he really knows who it belonged to. I would want my money returned to me! Specially now, when everyone is having hard times. But to act like that? Seriously.

Eli keeps telling me to forget about it. He just laughs. I'm trying to. (editors note* he's gonna die when he reads this. Yes babe I love ya. But I just got it off my chest!! I just wanted to know what everyone else thought when I did!!! Last of it, promise.)

Oh the luck...................

5 comments:

Stacey said...

WOW!!! That other guy grabbed it out of Eli's hands?? That is terrible! I agree with you, turning it in would be the right thing to do. I hope that man feels good about himself and the way he acted. Some people!

Michelle Croft said...

Sounds a little fishy. What are the odds? Next time, tell Blynn to put it in her pocket and show it to you at home! ;)
Totally unrelated, Michael found a new site that he likes, lensrentals.com - I thought you might want to look at it. You could try out the lens you're thinking of getting. They have other equipment too, some of it is really nice.

nina said...

Ohhhh!! That would make me so mad too. It reminds me of what happened to me a couple weeks ago. I was in Walmart and I was holding a shirt that I wanted to get for Kayla, I was holding it out in front of me looking it up and down. An older lady (about 50) walks over to me with her little girl and just grabs it out of my hands. And she says "Yes, this is the one I was talking about, isn't it cute?" Then she hands it to her little girl and they walk off! I stood their like an idiot flabergasted! My husband said "Why did you let go when she went to grab it?" I started laughing and said, I was just completely taken off guard. I didn't know what to do. I can't believe people actually act like that!

avisiontoremember said...

Im with you on this one. I would feel really uneasy about it. I hope that guy enjoys spending his stolen $110!

Shawnee said...

I think that I would have started laughing in the guy's face and told him to set a better example for his kid. It's people like this that make the world a horrible place. (Ok, that was a very judgemental speech, but I had to get it off of my chest, too.)