Friday, January 23, 2009

Good day :)

It's raining here this morning. (It rained all night too. Why do I know that? Yup, its cuz I was awake!!) I was on my way home from the gym this morning .....haha stop laughing! Yes I finally went to the gym today! Alysia MADE me go! It was great. I feel good. I hurt though. Anyhow back to the rain. It smells so good! I didn't know it was forcasted. Its nice.

Yesterday? It was a great day! It was the day I was praying for. It was cloudy, perfect pic taking weather. Eli had an interview with Skywest. For a mechanic position. He flew up at noon and was back by 6. I was more nervous. I have no clue why!! People love him! Of course they liked him. So they gave him a job!!! WHA-HOO!!! I was so excited! Of course its depending on his backround check. We all know how squeaky clean that is! (just saying squeaky made me think that nasty little mouse! *shudder!*) So it could take days, weeks or even a month, just depending. So he calls me when he was in the terminal and he wasn't all there. I was like are you okay? He said "Yah. Elder Holland and his wife just walked in."
I was all excited:) I guess you can see anyone if your in the right spot at the right time right?! He said he would send a pic.... camera phones suck. Anyhow we finished our little conversation so he could board. Then he sends another pic of a gentleman reading the paper and says "Guess who?" Yep he was sitting next to Elder Holland and his wife! So that meant that I saw them when they got off the plane in St. George. So that was pretty cool. There were two families there waiting for their missionaries to get off and he walks in and said, "Don't worry their on there!! it was pretty funny.
Back to our great news! He will work 4- tens in Salt lake at the airport. He can fly back and forth, but that is something we need to iron out. We can't move. So we need to work something out there. Sidenote *applying for this job meant he needed to get a tool box and some more tools. So at Christmas we looked at Sears. They were having a great sale but we decided to wait. So a couple of days ago we went back to look. We ended up saving close to $250 on it. We got it. But come to find out, it won't work for the job!! HAha!! Go figure.
We will find out more about the job after all his paper work goes through. I DO KNOW......THAT WE GET SOME PRETTY SWEET FLIGHT DEALS!!!!! UM FREE!!! Sorry I guess I had to rub it in a bit!! So we are excited. Then hopefully everything will start to fall into place to get a pilot job with them! More work and sacrifice, but definately worth it. Definately.

Good job babe. I love you so much!!

12 comments:

The Leithead Family said...

Congratualtions, Eli!! We are so excited for you!!

Kacee said...

Good Job Eli!!! And Kristin, and BLynn and Elle..... :) Although I'm still praying for a move!!! JK!

Rach n Adam said...

That is so exciting! I'm so happy for you guys!! That's so crazy that he got to sit next to Elder Holland! Wow! And it was great to see you at the gym this morning...even though I've invited you how many times?! hehe ;P

nina said...

Wow, that is so exciting. Your right who wouldn't want to hire Eli?

Stacey said...

Congratulations on your new job! How exciting! I hope it works out so you can move or iron out the plans for him to be gone!

Lundberg Family said...

That is exciting! Lucky you to get to fly for free...so where are you guys going to go? :) Are you wanting to move or no? Tell Eli congrats...I will tell Craig he will be excited. I love your photos!

Jem said...

See all the hard work paid off. What a great feeling. You guys deserve it.

Geraldine said...

Way to go! I am so excited for all of you. Congratualtions. Nice benifit to see Elder Holland. Take care.

Michelle Thompson said...

Congrats Eli! How exciting! We are glad you are sticking around. This is a GREAT place to live!

Michelle Croft said...

Hey Kristin, I found your blog on Sarah Robertson's. Congrats on the new job, I hope it all works out for you!

avisiontoremember said...

Yeah that is so cool. Then you can come fly to see us! That would be so exciting to see elder holland. Cool!

Andrea said...

Congrats on the job!
You’ll love having all the benefits of working for an airline!!
(I clicked on your blog from Jackie’s)