Thursday, January 15, 2009

You've been SHOT!!

I'm so excited!! Tonight was the first night of the photography workshop. It was alot of review of basic things but I learned more functions on my camera and think it will make a huge difference in the way I take pics from here on out!! Wha-hoo!! There are about 24 people. We did our introductions etc. and moved on to learn the basic things about the important functions on our cameras. Over half of the women (yes no boys!) have the Rebel camera. But I got to see what a sweet camera looks like! :) haha! *don't worry Eli, I won't want a new one for a while:)* He thinks I like to change my mind a lot... and often at that!!! Don't know where he gets those ideas!! So, on saturday we will be on the same page about the functions, where to find them and how to change or adjust them!
Anyhow, to me, its fun to see the differences between the two women putting it on. What and how they like to shoot! We even learned how to hold the camera the "right" way! I thought that was pretty funny.....maybe because I hold mine wrong.
So I'm super pumped for Saturday. I will study and practice to be and stay on the same page! This is so exciting....which leads me to once again thank whoever is behind this.
I haven't figured it out yet, but I hope to. But if they read this, I want them to know how grateful I am. It's something that I want to be able to do so much better. A hobby/future? Its a great out for me that I love. I really appreciate whoever is behind this. Thank you! Thanks to the Barnes' who watched my hooligans so I could go! Your awesome!
I will let everyone know how Saturday goes and start taking appointments.....haha jk!

ps- the title for the workshop is you've been shot! :)

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Enjoy your class. How great to learn a whole bunch of new things! Congrats!

Lauren said...

Woohoo is right! I'm so glad that you had a great time. You'll be even more fabulous now! HEy, my sis in law lives in Santa Clara and was looking for someone who does vinyl. Do you know anyone?

The Leithead Family said...

Hope you will share some of the tips you learn!!Have fun!

Michelle Thompson said...

Sounds like fun! Just take it all in and enjoy!