Monday, March 9, 2009

My Happy Birf-day!

The beautiful necklace Eli gave me! :) Love it!
I turned 21 today.....plus some :) My girls were so cute. I was getting some singing time stuff together on Saturday night and ended up leaving all my stuff out. (long story, I will say I am NOT a fan of daylight savings time!!!) So the girls took the opportunity to use all of "mom's" stuff while it was still out. Huge paper, markers, crayons and so forth. They colored and cut away to their happy hearts desire, or well untill I told them enough!!!
Last night it was hush hush what they were doing, but I could hear their happy excited voices carry through-out the house. They were doing something for mom's birthday!!! So this morning, first thing....I went in to wake them up, and not knowing Blynn was fully awake, she gave me my first HAPPY BIRTHDAY of the day!!! It was so cute. With the sleepiest smile you could imagine. (melt my heart!) We hurried to the gym and came home. They ran inside to get their prized treasures and it was TIME!!! No more waiting! I had to open the presents now!!!
I could not get over their excitement. It was better than Christmas for them and they were so proud. How could I not love that!? I opened their envelopes and found more drawings. (I get SO many of those these days.... :)) And to the present. My eyes wanted to tear up just looking at the wrapping job. BLynn was so proud!! Inside I found a plethera of items from the house. Games, cards, more drawings, Blynns cell phone she made, there papers they made with their friends. etc.... It was great! I love my girls. They made me feel more than special on MY special day!!
I love you girls so much!!! Thanks! :)
I had a good day. It was fairly quiet and uneventful. Eli is at work so we get to celebrate some more tomarrow. (how lucky am I to milk this out for a couple days!!)
Thanks for the phone calls and cards!! Eli, thank you for the beautiful necklace and earrings. Even more, the goose chase to find them!! :) I'm so unbelievably lucky to have such a wonderful husband like you!! I love you FEIM!!!
Alysia thanks for the girls day out on Saturday. I had a blast!! (And I'll pre-thank you for the amazing cake you are going to make! hehe!! ) And thanks to Jason for watching the kids so we could go!!! (even when your under the weather!)

Thanks everyone for making the beginning of my 28th year so great!
Some of the Treasures in my present





The wonderful wrap job. I wish you could see all the packaging tape!!! It was great!!





My happy girls!!!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

How sweet, I am glad you had such a great day and that there is more to come:)Hope you have fun;)

Kacee said...

Hahaha!! They are great!!! Sorry no massage or 'getaway' this week...lets shoot for something a lil closer to spring!! But glad it was fun...and have fun celebrating today too!! Lucky duck!! Good choice on the necklace Eli!!!

Michelle Thompson said...

Happy Birthday to you! I love the necklace. What a great guy you have. Hope your day was fabulous!

The Leithead Family said...

Wow! Looks like you were spoiled!! I love the present from the girls...so sweet! Tell BrookLynn she did an amazing job on the wrapping! :) And way to go, Eli! Anyways...enjoy the rest of your celebration today! Happy 28th!

Kimberly said...

What a great memory!! Happy Birthday! Looks like you've got a wonderful family..but we already knew that :)!!!

Michelle Croft said...

I thought of you yesterday. I hope your extended birthday is wonderful. I love that the kids get more excited than you do for your birthday. They make it so much fun.

Stacey said...

I wrote one this a.m. but it must not have posted...anyway...looks like you had a great day. Love your girls presents. Have a wonderful year!!