Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween and DAD!!

Sorry, the pics are not in order.....kind of random! Bear with me! The end result! They painted them first a week ago.
Elle thought hers smelled bad! :)

Belle


Ariel



So happy to see dad!!




Waiting.....



Here he is coming in!! Landing!!


They spotted him!!


Watching before we headed out on the tarmac!

We "think" its him!!


My princesses

Today was a great day! The girls were so excited for Halloween and more especially Mr. Mayes came home!! It was great. The girls were really excited to get into their costumes, but even more so to put make-up on! They loved the mascara and blush and little bit of "lips". Blynn had her halloween party at school and I helped out. They did a little parade for them. There were some cute costumes!! Then after school I hurried home to tidy up the house.....okay really do a good quick clean!! :) Its wonders me how in the world a clean house can get so unbelievably dirty.....so quick!! Whatever, anyhow I texted Eli to tell him to let me know when he was thirty minutes out....and not 10 minutes later I got that text!! I was pretty pumped! The girls were in their costumes and we headed out! It was fun for the girls to find the plane (you can see them in the pics) they have really good eyes! I think we all had perma grins the rest of the night. The Barnes came out with pizza and then the dads took them trick or treating. We stayed back and made cinnamon rolls! They were pretty yummy! They came back with plenty of goodies..... now that I think of it I didn't get a pic with all of them together...... So here is our little Belle and Ariel. (I was really relieved to have Elle's costume done, I need more practice sewing, but it was a good experience! Thanks so much mom for being so patient with all my calls and questions!!! Love you! I was glad to get the shells done.....whew!)
On Thursday Elle had her halloween parade and party at school. Her and her friend Mason had some great fun. They couldn't stay out of the candy. We helped Amy make over 200 donuts for their ward party. I smelled like that "fried" fast food nasty smell. But we accomplished the task and in the end they looked great! That night we carved the girls pumpkins. Its been so stinkin hot here still that they were getting soft, but they still had fun. Its crazy to still have the need for AC in October....almost November!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

What GORGEOUS GIRLS! I love their costumes! They are adorable. So glad that Eli was able to be home with you all on Halloween. Miss you!

Michelle Thompson said...

I love that need for AC in October. Isn't it awesome to be able to trick or treat when the weather is in the 70's and in shorts? I don't miss those snowy, freezing cold Halloweens!

LDA said...

The costume looks great! You are amazing!

nina said...

Very cute costumes! Brooklynn looks like you could enter her into little beauty pageants!

The Leithead Family said...

We MISS you! Wish we could've gone trick-or-treating together!! Loved the costumes. Belle was Boo-tiful...and you did an amazing job on the Ariel costume. Way to go!!

Janessa @ Treasure Hunting Mommy said...

Hi Kristin! I do remember you but I had no idea you were a Mayes?! LOL You have some great sister in laws! :) Anyways, if you ever have any questions about couponing just ask. You're girls are absolutely gorgeous!!!! Not surprised, since they have such a pretty Mommy. Nice to hear from you! :)