Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Holy Cow! Long post! Acheivement!! Field trips, flying, Uncle Kevins Funeral, Wyoming and more. Much, much, more!

My first peaches and pears!

My raspberry jam!! Its so good!
My new custom built shelving, by none other than my fantastic husband!
Getting haircuts!
Finished product! So cute!!
Elle at the farm! Elle's friend Mason is the one in yellow.


Making salsa and soup!
Bulldog fans!
playing some football
Grandma in on the action!




Wow it has been a long time. But..... I don't know where to start.
On Tuesday am we left for Wyoming. One of the time builders agreed (bless his heart) to fly us to Wyoming for Uncle Kevins Funeral. He was using his cross country flight to do this. So we had to prepare very meticulouslly. (haha....is that a word? I guess it is one now......) The night before we went over to our very kind neighbors and weighed each of us. Yep....it was nice. ;) Then I came home and packed extremely light. For four of us, one small carry-on size suitcase. (It was kind of iffy, as when we were coming back home. So I packed for one extra day.) I had to figure out what was important to take. My camera. Thats it. We had to put the girls' car seats in. We did forget to weigh those. You might be asking why is weight so important?? Very important. We would be leaving at 7am. The air would be smoother and easier to climb then, but refueling in the afternoon with all this weight was very important. The four seater plane has weight limits (like all planes) and that included the fuel. Anyhow its muy importante that we didn't exceed that weight. (We had a whole ten pounds to play with!! :)
We left and it was such a nice flight! So pretty. The leaves were changing and the mountain sides were alive with such vibrant colors! Beautiful!! We decideded to fly the more scenic route. Up to Jackson and Yellowstone, Cody way and land in Powell. Cowleys airport was closed. It was really pretty. We saw Bear Lake and more. Around Jackson, it started to get kind of bumpy. Regular afternoon turbulance. But it got worse. Lots worse!! (This is my account, not Eli's) I seriously thought that we would be blown out of the sky.....with no where to land. Mountainous landscape isn't very plane friendly. No where to make an emergency landing. Blynn got sick and threw up in my lap.....and all over our jackets. Eli pulled out a ziploc baggy for her where she continued to through up the rest of the way. Poor kid! It was rough. Elle fell asleep. That in itself was a huge blessing. She doesn't like the falling feeling very well. I was very sick myself. Holy cow.....take an afternoon ride over the mountains and you will get a glimpse of what it was like. (Oh, by the way. I asked Eli if that was the worse he had ever gone through......of course it wasn't!) We did make it safely.
The funeral was beautiful. The music and speakers did great, very touching. We love Geraldine and her family so much. We will miss Kevin, and his great laugh!!
We were able to visit and be with our families. It was great. My family was busy canning salsa and tomatoe soup. We miss being around our families! We had fun going to Kaleb's football game and seeing him all grown up!! :) Fall colors! kind of hard to see in the pics
Sleepy heads!

It was really good to see some of Eli's extended family that was in town. Sad to get together for that reason, but it was still good to see them!
We love our families and are so greatful for their love and support for us. We are truely blessed! Thanks everyone for your prayers and support, WE LOVE YOU ALL!!!
The girls had so much fun jumping on the trampoline and swinging! They didn't want to leave!
We ended up staying until Sunday and drove to Roosevelt to stay with Kacee and Cole. We enjoyed a short stay with them. Then Kacee did the girls' hair before we left! She takes such good care of us!! :)
On the way home I was looking for Raspberries to make some jam. I did strawberry jam in April and it was so easy! (I couldn't believe that it took me so long to try doing it!) In Santaquin we saw a stand and got peaches, pears, and raspberries. So when I got home that night I immediately started making jam. I was so excited!! I got 6 quarts. Then the next night I was braving it, and decided to can my peaches and pears. I have helped my mom growing up, but never tried it after I got married. This was my major acccomplishment! To some it seems silly, but I was so pumped! I did call my mom a couple time to get directions and away I went. The smells were fantastic. It immedietly took me back to helping my mom when I was younger. The aromas were far better than any candle out there! I could remember the early mornings to help start shucking corn, podding peas, snapping beans or whatever our job was to help. The smell of the crisp morning air there in Lovell. It was fresh and had the smell of alfalfa. There is nothing better than being able to go out in the garden and get potatoes, carrots, tomatoes or cucumbers!! I will remember those days forever! Thanks mom, those were the good ol days!
So, with barely any storage space, I asked Eli to help me and make a shelf to put this stuff! We had some left over wood from one of the last closets. So today we were able to make one! I'm excited! It turned out to be bigger than thought, so it looks like I need to start canning more!! :) thanks babe! I love ya!!
Elle had a field trip to one of the farms. I had volunteered to help. It was great fun. She was very nervous to see that they did have a dog. But I found out that another little boy was deathly afraid of them too. The battery on my camera died before we were done. They had a cute train and a hay ride to the pumpkin patch and more!!! She had fun.
I hope this catches us up a little bit! till next time!

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Nice work canning! I love it! I know what you mean about those smells from home. :) You look great. Your girls are gorgeous. Glad that you got to go home, but sad for the circumstances. Kevin was a great guy. :)

Jem said...

I also miss the sounds of home. We went up to Pineview a couple of weeks ago and I heard a meadowlark. It made me think of Wyoming. Kevin was a great great man. My mom also said that the funeral was beautiful. She said she knew he was there enjoying the music.

Ercanbracks said...

Hey Kristin. It is so great to see your cute family, and especially a picture of you! Your girls are seriously models, I don't think it gets much cuter. I wish we lived closer, I miss seeing you. Your plane ride sounds scary! I am glad you survived and had a good time.

adamsfamilynews said...

You are a busy girl with all of that canning.

The Leithead Family said...

I am so proud of you!!! Looks like lots of work...you go girl! Wish I coulda been there to help you...we miss you so much, and I just wanted to let you know that I have actually updated my blog...so check it out!!! Love ya!

Linda said...

Your mother would be proud of you. The cabinet looks great too. You know after all that hard work you're not going to want to open them.

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I just came across your blog, so I hope you don't mind me taking a peek. Your little family is so cute, and you look great. I think the last time I saw you was when you won little miss Rose Queen:) I just wanted to say hi, and to tell you we live in Vernal. So, if your sister, Kacee ever needs anything have her look me up, and if she ever wants to ride home with me she can. I'm always looking for company if my husband can't go. Take care, and visit our blog anytime.
Kristy(Brown)Sinks
PS~my mom is Kathy, and I think my brother was friends with your brother:)