Monday, October 20, 2008

This last weekend recap




























From this highest point on the mountain a sign said that we could see parts of Nevada and Arizona. Hmmm.....






























































Blynn coming down the slide.
look at Elle's blue lips!! Poor kid, she was trying to stay warm!!
The huge yellow bucket on top fills up with water and dumps out.....its enough to wipe out any poor kid standing in its path!! We watched one poor kid get slammed into ground!! :)
















This last weekend we took advantage of Eli being home. He finished with his student (who passed!!) and is waiting for another one. They had one for him, but Eli is on antibiotics and can't fly with the school in Carson....yada yada yada.... so he is home with us!! We are pretty excited! On Tuesday we took both girls to the doctor, both had strep throat. So we are getting over our crud at our house. On Friday night we got some pumpkins to carve. But we decided not to carve them quite yet, so instead the girls painted them! It was fun to watch them decorate them. It reminded Eli and I of the pumpkin contest back in Elementary. Anyone Lovellites remember doing those??? :) On Saturday we decided to go swimming. The girls have been dying to go. Our pool has been closed for a while, so we took them to the new rec center in Washington. It is a really nice facility, but it was freezing cold! They had a couple of the doors open because they have lounge chairs and the lazy river goes outside. Elle didn't have fun, so needless to say it was kind of frusterating! So we decided to go for a hike. Eli called one of his students because they like to hike, and we headed to Cedar. We went up to the Cedar Breaks. It was pretty muddy. We still had fun, not much hiking but it was still fun to drive up there!














During the week we had a picnic at the park with Elle while Blynn was in school. That night we took both of them to the park and did hobo dinners, and smores. We played some tennis too. We watched movies and got ready for our inspection (which did go just fine). Also.....we found out that there is "something" living in the attic? vent? corner of the house!! Very nasty. It makes scratching noises in the same spot....... they are supposed to come over and check it out. Eli won't get up there and look :) Haha. I wouldn't either. I had been having some major issues with our other "friends". The other night I woke up to something tickling me across my chest.....coming out of a good sleep I immedietly (Dang good reflexes I might add for being asleep!) grabbed whatever it was and threw it......next to me inbetween Eli and I. Ya. Smart. I know. I turned on the light and looked, it was a freakin cockroach!!!! Should I mention that they came a couple days previous and sprayed!!!! I still have bugs everywhere! Needless to say I didn't sleep the rest of the night. So Eli wakes up and tells me he thinks there was one down by his feet too.......so freakin nasty. My house is spotless why are there bugs everywhere??? Comes with living in the desert...... story continues.......I checked the next night, just to make sure....that theres no more right?! WRONG!!! I peel the sheets back and what-d-ya-know??? Another one!!! LIVID. doesn't explain it. There are no words that will describe that horrible emotion I felt! (Oh did I mention that there was a nasty spider next to the bed too??) Fast forward to Friday.....we packed Eli's stuff and he left. I was coming out of the bathroom when I noticed something black on the pillow ......yep. Another one. I don't think I can take anymore wildlife in my house......let alone my bed. The end. (Blynns suggestion was get a king snake. They eat insects and keep rattlesnakes away..........) No comment.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm so sorry about the creepy things. I hate, hate, hate stuff like that too. Makes you appreciate that handsome husband of yours, huh? Anyway, remember what I said to you when you were home. I love you, my beautiful neighbor girl. I just simply cannot believe that you married your (our) neighbor and that you have two beautiful little girls. Count your blessings luv !!!

The Leithead Family said...

Oh Kristin!!! Yucky! I am so sorry about the nasty roomies you have! But it looks like you guys had a lot of fun while Eli was around! And you totally brought back pumpkin painting memories...I made a Roger Rabbit in elementary one year! Funny! Love ya...miss ya.