Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hmmmmkay.

Wow....its been awhile! Busy? Kind of. Today for starters..... I'll back up a bit and explain. Friday our ward organist called and said she would be out of town. Then continued to ask if I wouldn't mind playing. Sure no prob. Never touched the organ......piano will be just fine. So I said yes. Then a couple minutes later another lady in our ward called. I'm beginning to think Ihave a sign posted on my derry-air that says something to the extent along these lines, "CALL ME!!! I will do any ward calling you might have a need with!" Haha!! K- thats exaggerating a bit. Its just crazy cuz we haven't been in this ward very long! Back to the story. She asks if I will accompany her during a solo for relief society. Again, no problem. Easy song from the hymn book. (You have to know the lady. Shes very dramatic, theatrical person. Beautiful voice though.) She wanted to have everyone close their eyes and paint the picture to this song. Hmmmkay. So I still have to teach a lesson in Primary. I'm beginning to ask myself if it will all work out!! Of course it will!!! Du-du-du-done!!!
So we get to church early and for some crazy reason in my head I wanted to sit at the organ and play.....or try to. So I do and was playing with stops and petals and all that fun stuff. Fun! Then the lady shows up describes what she wants me to do, and she sings through it once. Sounds good! We were done. Back to the organ and I end up playing prelude.....and the first hymn, the sacrament hymn, and the closing song! WHERE DID THAT COME FROM??? *Side note* It wasnt near perfect, but everyone sang!!! Don't ask where all that bravery came from. Or was it stupidity?...... I ran to get the room ready for class, taught the lesson, then accompanied the lady. *another side note* The church is starting to replace the painos with electric ones. These ones will play HYMNs or the childrens hymns. Pre-programmed! Sad. I really dislike using them. THEN.....Eli proceeds to tell me we've been asked to speak the end of this month in sacrament meeting! Man, my mind races back to the last time I spoke. Yeah, I bawled through the whole thing. WHY? I have no clue! Lovely. Just lovely.
So by the time we get home I was ready for a nap!! Yeah! It was a long weekend!! THEN.....don't you love that? Eli tells me the young mens pres is coming over so I can get pics off an Ipod. What??!! Why did you tell him I could do that? I haven't stayed up to par on electronics. I have an Ipod but I just listen to it! Hmmmkay! So he knocks on the door. I'm trying to figure out what he wants done and he wants the pictures off and a slideshow made with them.....for the Scout Court of Honor........in less than 2 hours! You've got to be kidding me!!! No pressure. I haven't had to ever to do that! My computer has a program, but like I know how to run it!! HA! Seriously folks lets get this sign off my BUTT!!! So I get to work.....Pres is like "Oh how bout the pics we sent you via email???" By this time I'm praying that we can connect to the internet. Thanks to the neighbors who share wi-fi........ So I'm trying to downloading a hundred or so pics with poor connectivity.....praying.....praying.... praying!! Then he continues to tell us about a guy that did one before and it was AWESOME!! It did this and this and it was sweet. haha. Oh, can we put it to music??!!! No words for how I'm feeling at this point in time!! So i get the pictures and some videos in the layout, now for some church music.... some difficulties there but we pull it off. Eli pops it the dvd player to check........drumroll.......(its 7:15 and this thing starts at 7:30)........disk error. Of course it would! It plays on the computer, maybe its our retarted dvd player? I do one more on a different type of disk as we were walking out the door. Seriously. Thanks goodness for laptops! Of course the thing wouldn't work on the tv there! I did take the laptop though and we did see it. Yeah!! This sunday is over!!!
On Friday though, The new Twlight book was coming out!! I was so pumped! Kyle, Catherine, Eli, myself and a friend of Catherines went to dessert and waited for the book at midnight. We got it.....we were very luck to have been able to be VERY close to the beginning of the line!! So at 12:15 we were off!! I came home and put the girlies to bed and kissed Eli goodnight and proceeded to read! I had to put it down at 4:00am. Time flew!! I picked it up again the next morning and read until 5pm! I finished it! It wasn't wasn't I expected, but I did like it!! My girls weren't too badly neglected! I was up and down several times! Now what am I goin to do? I'm thinking.........
This last week I donated plasma....that was a first!! It wasn't too bad. They give you an anti-coagulant to thin the blood and that was a little freaky! My lips and mouth were tingling and it gave a bad taste in my mouth!! Then to replace the liquid they took, they gave me a huge back of saline solution. And oh boy.....I thought I would never say this......It felt dang good to go out in the 108 + weather!!! It was so cold!!
Now to get BrookLynn registered for Kindergarten! Already. We have all that fun stuff this week!
till next time.......

2 comments:

Rach n Adam said...

Wow! So your Sunday sounded so relaxing and kicked back! hehehe...Yes the musical number in Relief Society was...interesting! I think it might have been Adam that did the last video thing for scouts with the pictures and music and all! hahaha!! Too funny! And you get to speak! They love you in the ward! I finished the book! YEAH!! I was happy with the ending! Now I need to find something else to read!

avisiontoremember said...

I am glad that I am not the only one who dreads Sundays sometimes. all in all, it sounds like you guys are doing really good. :). I hope to see you soon. Have fun in the heat! Love you guys