Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First "Official" day of school!!

I can't believe that she's a kindergartner! She was so excited! Can't you tell? We got her all ready and then I remembered that she was supposed to be wearin a certain color. So sure enough.....she was supposed to wear red!! Heart attack! She has no red!! Thanks Elle for letting her wear your shirt! So off she went!! About 3:30 I went down to the bus stop to pick her up. Its been confusing this bus situation! The bus numbers and where they are picking up and dropping off kids. We've had several different people telling us something different!! So I go where the bus driver said the second bus would drop her off. No BrookLynn. So off I go where the second bus stopped and no BrookLynn!!! AHHH! Then I see her little red shirt.....walking home about a block away!! What the..... She was so excited to walk home!!! She begged! I had to have my way....you are coming with me!! But she had a great first day!!!




















3 comments:

Shawnee said...

She looks so grown up! I remember when I went to kindergarten... Obern always picked me up or dropped me off, depending on time of school. Do you feel old enough to have a kid in school? Me neither.

nina said...

She looks so cute. Did you get her outfit at Target? We almost bought one very similar for Kayla. I bet she's going to love school!

Shana said...

Hey Mayes Family!
It has been a long time since I've seen you. I ran into your blog and thought I'd catch up a little on what you all have been doing.
Congrats on Eli being a pilot! That is awesome!
Your daughters are absolutely beautiful! I love little girls...since that is all I have I guess. :)
Check out my blog sometime. I hope to talk to you soon.
Take Care.