Sunday, February 28, 2010

Showing a little love

Sorry the pictures are all messed up and not in order.





















I saw a cute post somewhere on bloggo-sphere, (love checking out others great ideas!). Someone surprised there dad/husband with heart attacks and posters. My girls are constantly telling me that they are bored and there is nothing here FUN to do. So I shook off the stuffy-no-fun-mom and let them paint posters for Eli. It would be a surprise when he came home from work. The posters say, "We love you Daddy". We hung them up over on his side of the bed. Then we cut out tons of hearts and wrote on them all the things we love about Eli. :) The girls were so excited. We made his favorite cookies too. (He got a lot of them because no one really likes PB cookies! Haha!!

I hung a little sign in the garage and we were set. Elle and I picked him up from the airport. He thought that it was cute we made a sign in the garage. Then when he walked in the door Elle was waiting for him by his cookies. She immediately said, "are you tired dad?" I had to laugh. Eli and I were having a conversation still in the kitchen when Elle couldn't stand it.

"DAD!! AREN"T YOU GOING TO BED???!!!"

It was cute and she got the reaction she was looking for! I don't think we need a holiday to let someone know just how much we love them!!! :)





2 comments:

The Leithead Family said...

How sweet. Bet Eli loved it! You are a MUCH nicer mom than me. We don't even HAVE paints at our house. :)

Stacey said...

Great idea!!