Friday, June 18, 2010

Rescue Me

I am sitting here deciding on whether or not to post this :) I feel so spacey today and mixed emotions. Go figure. THIS IS A LONG DRAMA POST. please be aware:) dont' say I didn't warn ya.
Last night I threw some things together for this weekend. Laundry was semi done. (folding/putting away fairies failed to show up....AGAIN!) I had the girls' things together. I just had to throw a couple of things in my suitcase and I felt like I should be good. I become pretty OCD when I do stuff like this. My plan was to go to St. George and take some pictures. Everything was arranged and ready to go.
I awake this morning and got busy. Jumped in the shower while B ate breakfast and got ready for school. We hurried out the door and started driving out of the yard. Man! The van is driving wierd. What the??? It instantly hit. Flat tire. CRAP!!! Pull back in the yard and figure that we can grab the bikes and ride over. Seriously?? They are still in pieces from the move....the time it would take to put them together....... K, fine I will call Kari. Called....no answer :) I really don't want to bug Catherine, but I was quickly running out of options!! so I tried....no answer :) Ha!!! What am I doing wrong!!!?? Kari calls back and takes B to school.
In my head at this point in time, I was a mess. Change the tire....what to take to Cody.....Bathe A get E ready.....Tire? See? Any normal person would calmly figure this all out. Eli is the calm one. Was he here? Nope.
K. Quickly change my clothes and change the tire. Get the stuff out and get the jack ready. Try to loosen the bolts. No go. Try again and again.... and again. I realize I am quickly running out of time. Going to miss my flight.
Run back inside, bathe A. Do E's hair. Get myself ready. Make other arrangements to get to Cody. Throw the rest of our crap together and get out the door. Late. One thing I can't stand is being late. I still had to run out to my dad's to check flights. Not Good. At. All.
Driving to Cody (Kari saved the day once again) I felt like a mess. Tears would flow very easy. :) I tried to figure out my options. Talk about mumbo-jumbo mess! I could make the first flight. the next one I might possibly get on with an S2. How many do I have left?? Can I get there in time to get my rental if I couldn't get on the first flight? There were lots of other factors making this very difficult. My brain hurt:) My baby has been un-usually grouchy the last couple of days....
I got to the airport, thanked Kari, kissed my baby bye and ran inside. I checked in and the nice fellow at the counter proceeded to tell me that they were asking for volunteers. WHAT??!! You mean??? K, here we go again. This wasn't the flight I was worried about!!! And in Lamans terms, when they are asking for volunteers, it means there are NO seats for standby's!!! None! Zilch!! Nada! No chance to get on. My heart dropped. There was no way to get there.
Longer story shorter....
Get home try again to change the tire. No luck. Realize I can't find car keys. Search EVERYwhere. Take girls swimming. Get back, try tire again. Going to try again when Uncle Richard and Mark show up. I wanted to bawl. :) Such a great feeling to be rescued. (Feel bad they had to do this) Try to find car keys. start calling places I been today. Back track. Tried to open it myself with Eli's slim jim. Gave it my best. (baby inside crying and very sad. again Kari was helping me!) Have to call Lloyd. He comes over after his busy day and opens my car. :) Again, Thanks!! Walk back inside only to have it hit me like a brick wall where my lost keys are. (tucked in gas compartment of van)
Is today over yet???
Ava has fever.
Have pics of girls swimming....more like sitting beside freezing cold pool. Will post.....tomorrow. (Eli and Kaleb made it through their first leg of the race today. It was hot. They run here in a couple more hours:) Good luck.

1 comment:

danielandjamaica said...

I'll post a few more. Do I have your email address and I could email you a bunch. I got to play photographer all day, which was cool, since I was there anyway!:) Jen got to be their helper in the Temple too, which let me peak in the brides room! :)
The cake was actually leaning a little (don't want to post those pics! :)) mostly because the porch was slanted for drainage... I never thought to go turn it 180 until this morning when Colleen and I were on a walk and she mentioned it! Duh! Oh well, the whole evening was beautiful... and not even too hot!