Sunday, August 2, 2009

Oh the places you'll go.....or more like the people you'll meet!!

It's been a busy weekend!! Eli went to work on Thursday, then at 4am on Friday the girls and I flew up to Salt Lake. Eli had his family reunion this weekend in Morgan. Claudia offered to take the girls so I could take some wedding pics here in St. George without a hassle! So Friday night I flew back to St. George. I tried to get some much needed house work done on Saturday morning but it was too nice to just relax! (it feels like we have been living out of our suitcases this summer! :) That night I took pics from 6 to 10. It was a great reception! TONS of people came through. I wasn't so happy about my pics, lighting pretty much sucked and lack of the right equipment didn't help the situation. I took over 600 pics and now I need to edit. yeah! haha!
Then this morning I got the early flight back up to get the girls. Flights are never good on Sundays. Always packed. I did get on okay though. Getting back home was a different story. (Isn't it always?!) Before I left St. G this morning I checked and flights were a little on the crowded side but still able to get on. By 1pm, all were seriously full and of course our names were on the bottom of every list! I bumped up our priority a notch and hoped for the best! Everywhere you go things are a little different depending on who is working the counters. Some places let you change your priority at the gate others you have to change it when checking in. When people start noticing that others are bumping their priorities, they will hurry and bump up theirs. That stinks! :) I like to do it secretly so the oblivious don't realize that they might not get on! :) they are so used to getting on!
Long story short, by miracle we got on. We waited while they did all the pre-flight stuff and then we were off! It was hot, so we planned it being bumpy. Elle loves it and acts like its the best rollercoaster ride ever! She puts her hands up and everything! Blynn not so much. She grips the arms and hangs on for life! :) Too funny. The girls have done this enough times that they know its going to be bumpy. Always. They expect it.
Well for our excitement (sorry there's not another word for it) a lady was sitting kitty corner from us. Her husband was sitting up one seat in front of her and she was disappointed that they weren't sitting next to each other. They would hold hands over the seat and she would lean forward and talk and stuff. But, it was pretty bumpy leaving Salt Lake. I seriously thought that we would have restart the poor lady's heart! She would tense up and you could see the tendons in her arms! She would close her eyes tight and take deep breaths! It was kind of comical to watch her chew her gum really fast and nervous like! I was really feeling sorry for her! She was having a really hard time! :) And from what I've been though (which isn't the worst out there!) this wasn't really bad. I kept thinking, poor lady you are gonna die when we get into St. George! :) Sure enough, she was freaking out. She wouldn't even let go to hang on to her husbands hand. She screamed once or twice. THEN..... when we landed, she was all eyes out the window and I heard her say that she was going to find a coconut!! WHAT?!! Did I get on the wrong plane? Where in the world are you going to find a coconut?! Haha! Funny lady. Then she leans up to her husband and kisses his hand and says, "oh first kiss in UTAH!!" Nice! Salt Lake must not have counted! I got a good laugh today. And I am probably just as big of a dork when I go any where new myself. Maybe thats what the funny part is! :)
Sorry for such a long winded story! I wish I could post the pic of a bird strike. A pelican hit the nose of a plane the other day. I couldn't believe how much damage it did! The poor bird was still stuck in the nose!

4 comments:

avisiontoremember said...

I am jealous you guys go everywhere! Want to come here. Yes (I was going to text you but I have somehow lost my phone) the huckleberries will be on still on the 10th so come and pick with us.

JENNIFER said...

HA HA HA oh my gosh I am laughing out loud so hard at that story! To picture that lady and how displaced from reality she must have been that it was the first kiss in Utah like SLC didn't count that is SO stinkin funny! And the pelican I am still laughing! I can't wait to see all your pictures from the reception I know that they will be so amazing!

The Leithead Family said...

Funny! You guys have a crazy, crazy life. :0

JENNIFER said...

Oh goodness have you posted Tara and Travis's pictures somewhere yet? I'm so excited to see them all!