Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Funny...

I only have myself to blame.

:) Today we had made plans to bring back our van and pick up fruit to do some canning. All of this took careful planning. BLynn went to the neighbors, but not before being lectured of everything to do and not do! I thought that in my mind I had very carefully explained that if we were not home when she came home from school we would call her. I gave her the extra cell phone and specifically told her to put it in her backpack. She better be dying if she took it out!! :)

All the mean while, Elle and I caught the plane to salt lake. Eli would pick us up and we would head home. Pick up fruit on the way. Well, knowing us, our plans always change and last minute. I landed in Salt Lake and turned my phone on. I recieved a pic message! .....duh duh don!!! From none other than my daughter!!! It was a pic of her view on the school bus. Big sigh. She listened so well. Eli was to pick us up in the van, not the car. But waiting patiently for us was our red car?! Whatever. He had his reasons and that was fine. We got on the road. And my phone beeps again. Its about 9:30ish. Another pic message. Yup, from Blynn. Of herself this time. During school!!! What?!! Are you serious?! (This whole time I am sweating bullets thinking what a bad mom I am etc etc) Ha. Ha. Eli and I couldn't stop laughing though. She is in so much trouble when she gets home!! I couldn't text her back or call for fear her teacher would take it, but I then decided that would be just fine :) (she probably couldn't read the text anyhow. And sending a pic of my "your-in-trouble" face,..... um ya. Nothing like the teacher confiscating the phone with a pic of me looking like that!! What a turd!

We got home with plenty of time to take a little siesta. :)

3 comments:

danielandjamaica said...

I can't believe that... sounds more like something Anastyn would do! :) Also can't believe she's in the 1st grade / of course Michael is in 6th grade!! WARNING!! The more kids you have the even faster time flys by!
Just wondering if you want to do another wedding? At least the engagements and bridals? I think their wedding is going to be Thanksgiving weekend. Maybe you could SQUEEZE it in before the baby? Let me know... or I'll give my friend Haven (the M.O.B) your #. Not sure what the Groom looks like, but the Bride is a 6'1 clone of Taylor Swift.
TTYL

nina said...

That's hilarious! Why are the kids getting so much smarter so much younger these days?

Stacey said...

That is funny!! I love her spunk!