Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Just everything!

Today we had to come back and face reality! Oh yea! I'll tell ya how excited I wasn't!!! Eli had to go into work tonight so he said we were taking the early flight :) out of Cody. I can't tell you how much I really dislike that flight! Maybe because it cuts deep into my time to sleep!!? Lately my sleep has been precious, few, far and inbetween. I won't bore you with all my sad stories of bad back problems. It hurts to bad to sleep. There. Anyhow..... I was hopin he would budge a little and let us take the noon one but when I looked a family with a higher priority (8 of them to be exact) took all available seats. I was bummed. So after a late night celebrating a not-so-much b-day :), I hurried and did some laundry and got into bed and prayed I would get some rest. That was after 1am!! Alarm went off at 4am and off we went!! (Thanks a ton to Claudia for hauling us around at such fun hours!! And Kari and Tyler!! :) Love you guys!) We love the rest of the fam for putting up with us all summer!! :)
On the plane, The girls both wanted to sit by Eli but couldn't. A small bribe and we were all set! Elle sat by me and Blynn by Eli. Blynn was wound! I couldn't believe it! She was going non- stop. Elle was pretty mellow. We were a couple minutes before we touched down and Blynn started to whistle. Then she looks over at Elle and asks her to whistle. Elle looks at me and under her breath whispers, "Mom whistle!!!" So I am looking at her with my back to Blynn and I started to whistle a little. Elle's face was hilarious! She acted like she was whistling away!! This is definatley one of those you-had-to-be-there moments. But these two are so funny.
Another thing today, (warning, gross story.) We were getting some errands ran for Eli in Salt Lake before our flight left and the girls were chillin in the back seat. Blynn asked for some tissue to blow her nose. She's been kind of stuffed up and tons of crap in her nose. She blew her nose, opens the tissue and says, "Look mom!" So proud of the contents she got out. Elle happened to be looking that direction too and immediately started gagging. :) Its so funny. Poor girl had to look out the window until her sister was done. Even the noise of someone blowing their nose makes her gag!! (some days it feels like I'm raising little boys!)
We made our flight to St. G no problem. Nice smooth flight :) Girls napped a bit. We needed to get another booster chair and last minute stuff for school. So we ran our errands. In Wal-mart, I always use the self check-out. Just prefer it I guess. So it was crazy busy and I found one, but I had to squeeze by one stand to get there. So I kindly :) ask the lady in front if she would excuse me so I could get to the other stand. She looks at me and proceeds to tell me she is in both lines. WT@#*!! Both lines huh. Yeah, not working for me, chick. Pick a LINE! She tells me she is going to whatever one opens first. Oh. Did. NOT. Make. Me. Very. Happy. Wow. Didn't take much did it?! :) Haha!!
Anyhow, that was our little day wrapped in a nut shell. :) Okay not really. I can't believe Blynn starts school tomorrow! Makes me all nervous and stuff for her!! The summer flew by way too fast!

3 comments:

Shawnee said...

You had a birthday? Sorry it wasn't much of a good one. You should have mentioned it on Sunday when you were at the house. We would have force fed your more cookies!

Michelle Thompson said...

Yes, where did summer go?

avisiontoremember said...

wow and we did not even see you one time. dang. well it sounds eventful. If it makes you feel any better we went and picked huckleberrys ...again (that would be 4 times) and dragged both girls cause dillons aunt wanted to go so badly. Well needless to say you will have some jam coming to you whenever we see you...ha ha you have to come get it :)