Saturday, October 31, 2009

What did you get?!

I had to post this. Thought it was pretty funny.

This morning I was laying in bed just trying to find the motivation to get up :) The girls had just got up and were millin around doin their thing. Eli came in and layed back down by me and we were talking when Blynn and Elle came in all proud. Blynn had a big smile on her face as she handed me "breakfast in bed". It consisted of two pieces of toast with some butter and homemade jam. I thought it was so sweet!! I ate my little feast, greatful to my little sweetheart. In the mean while Elle brought Eli some too so he wouldn't feel left out. I had my back turned toward Eli. He stopped eating and said he was trying to choke his down. I kind of laughed and said oh.
Then Blynn came back in with a glass of milk and I shared with my dear hubby.

Later as we were running around doing errands we were talking and somehow the subject of breakfast came back up.

I mentioned something to the extent that I was glad that the butter was almost out cuz the girls like to go overboard. Especially Elle. Then i said something about mine being toasted. He looked at me and said, "Yours was toasted??!!" I laughed and said ya. Then I told him that she did a good job with the jam too. He looked very surprised and said, "You had jam on yours??!!"
Then I realized that the real question was "what did you have for breakfast??!"

He laughed at me and said A piece of bread with some butter. No wonder he was trying to choke it down!!
I love my girls!

2 comments:

Michelle Thompson said...

That is too funny! Kids are the best!

The Leithead Family said...

he he. how do you rate, Eli?? so funny!