Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine Party

Wow. It got pretty busy these last couple of days. Mainly because of my procrastination, um ya. All because it. Elle's party was on Thursday. We made cupcakes, cookies, valentines, boxes, and got oobers of goodies to decorate them all. Today was Blynns party and I was in charge of decorating cookies. With who knows how many tubs of frosting, two bottles of deco-icing, 20 plus bottles of sprinkles and other parafanelia sp?, we decorated. We made messes and it made me gag! Trying to supervise these kids was fun, but it looked like some super candy monster threw up on most of the cookies. No joke, I seriously just about lost it watching the kids actually EAT them. *shiver* My daughter being one of the accused, was probably one of the worst cases. Another mother there told Blynn if she ate all her cookie she would give her a dollar!! This is about how it went. Regular frosting, caked none the less. Numerous piles of sprinkles of all types. One bright red layer of deco icing. Some gooey candies, and more frosting. etc. etc. etc. This went on for who knows how many layers!! In my mind it was a race of addiction. In the short amount of time they had, they were to put on as much frosting, sprinkles etc as the poor little cookie under-knee-sir (mom that was for you!!) would permit.

I'm so glad they all had fun. (It was even funner to watch these kids take some bites and through their masterpieces away!!!)

Happy Valentines Day everyone :) Here's a little sampling of the goods. (you know on Horton Hears a Who, the part where the little girl says "mine likes to eat rainbows and poop butterflies". Ya, I'm thinking there is gonna be a lot of little kids out there pooping bright red, sparkly.....you get my drift)
I was really glad when she dumped hers in the trash!


Elle got to go join in on the fun too :)





This one looks like the monster took a little dump.



Happy Valentines Day!!!
ps-mom, mom, and grama. your valentines are going to be late again this year. sorry.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

WOW!!! Your girls were lucky to eat all that sugar!! :) I hope you have a great weekend!

The Leithead Family said...

{GAG!} I want to puke looking at those cookies!!! Ha ha! They gotta pack in all the sugar they can. Funny kids!