Monday, February 16, 2009

I had to laugh.......and so will you.

Sundays are bit more stressful for me. My new calling is trying to maintain 40+ children 7 and under for a space time......all the while trying to teach them new songs. (thats just the jr primary) Yep, I'm the new primary chorister. (oh the wonderful days of just sitting behind the piano.....watching other choiristers go out of their minds!!!!) My turn.

I snoozed no more than 5 min on Sunday. Did the rushing to get ready....haha even though I had got everything ready Sat night!!!

So needless to say we were late.

We get to church and what do you know?.....not one parking space. Seriously. Crap. I parked next to the curb where no one should park for fear they would get hit. Mr. Mayes would have DIED!! So rushing in, we get in to find.....SURPRISE....no open seats!!!! It was packed!! A chair here and thats about it. This is the overflow too folks. You know, chairs clear in the back of the basketball court. The hard chairs and extremely noisy hard floors back. Oh yea. We did manage to squeeze in. So sacrament meeting was good.....what I heard of it. This new ward is crazy. The number of children make it so noisy. Not to mention, makes my new calling all the more FUN.

So during the closing song the girls and i sneek out cuz I needed to grab my stuff from the car. (I made a funny hat. I would have posted a pic of myself wearing it, but refrained.) Oh, by the way I was glad to see that four other cars parked right along with me! So the girls jetted ahead of me and up the stairs to go back in the building. I'm tagging behind and the second I stepped up on the curb I Phoebe Buffayed it right back DOWN!!! Pumps do NOTHING for me. Holy crap!!! I jumped back up as soon as I could. I immediately started scanning to see if anyone got to witness this! I was dying!! My girls both were standing there staring at me. Just their expressions alone......ha!

I was afraid to see how bad the knee injury was. I couldn't feel any blood dripping down my leg, so I thought it would be okay. Just about the beet redness in my face was bad enough.

I managed to get through Jr. Primary but must have been tired, cuz during Sr. primary.....yah I'm horrible. you would have thought that I just learned to walk or something!! I was walking toward the piano (picture this, piano is on the front left side of the room. All the chairs filled with children) I stepped on something!!! (k, there was really nothing there) I did the little broken ankle dance. Where your whole body shifts and arms are extended out on both sides.....flayling around and you look like you are trying to do some dance move. All this while you are trying to save yourself from eating carpet......in front of 40+ children 8 and above!!!!

I saved myself from eating the freakin piano. Yeah. It was that good.

So today while trying to organize the multi thousands of pics on my computer (thats serious) I was up and down off the couch. Whenever I sat back down, I felt this funny pull on the side of calf. On the outside. Kind of like you sprain your ankle pain. Yeah, even better! A nice reminder of what a klutz I am.

next week......i'm not wearing shoes to church.

5 comments:

avisiontoremember said...

Ha ha! That is so funny. I would have loved to see it!

Rach n Adam said...

oh you poor thing! What an interesting Sunday you had! haha..I came after sacrament meeting...but not early enough to witness that!!

The Leithead Family said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! I would've been peeing my pants if I had been there!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one that does stuff like that. :)

Lindsay said...

Wow, what a day! Glad you made it through it. Your girls are adorable! We have the same problem in our ward, if we are not at least 15 min. early we are out of luck on finding a seat. Hope things go more smoothly for you next week.

The Edwards said...

That is so funny! I am forever having days like that. I love the way you tell your stories, they make me laugh...and your pictures are gorgeous and so are your girls! You are an awesome photographer.