Friday, December 12, 2008

BLynn's Birthday!!!

Cute dress and sweater from Grma! Finally a new scooter!!
Cute new dress! thanks grma!!




Enjoying a phone call!!






Hannah Montana!




Enjoying the park!

















(Yes, the horrible mother I am hasn't posted my own first borns sixth birthday. Sigh.)


The Sixth of December was BrookLynns beloved day of the year.....she had waited for this day the whole year! I asked her to plan out her days activites and of course she wanted to go swimming (what I need to do to get it through her head that there are infact seasons and clothing that goes with them. Out of the question.) Then she decided on going to the park and bike ride, tacos for dinner, and Hannah Montana birthday cake. Our friends were going to come down the day before which was their daughters birthday. We decided to take the kids to the dollar movie Igor. Please note the movie was evil, and not kid friendly. Though it was a cartoon. K.....maybe I'm overreacting a bit. It was dumb. It was going to take the full length of the film to get better. So we left. Kids weren't that upset about it either!


BrookLynn had a great day with a ton of phone calls and presents coming in the mail! She was very excited to see that her present from Kacee came on Monday....made her birthday stretch out a bit longer! There were tears when Eli and I told her her birthday was over. Sad I know. There was a time during the day that I pondered on that day six years ago. We were numb, quite literally. My mom, Kacee, and Eli were so glad this wasn't a nightmare with no baby ever going to come. Yes, I felt the same way, but I had drugs and was well medicated. :)

When she finally made her arrival, she filled a gap that I never knew existed! This small little bundle of joy was finally here and how greatful I was to finally have her here. She was our little Punkin Nose! (Wherever in the sam this nickname came about, I don't remember! But it was our little term of endearment for her!)

I can't believe how fast the time flies and how we look forward to the next milestone in her life, and the new things she is going to do! Its sad to see how we are so focused on these things that we didn't really stop and enjoy the small things. (Yes, we will all skip the first 5 months of her life gladly. jk! The constant crying with nothing to ease it, just about killed us! :))

Now she is acting like she is fourteen going on 25. She has a tender heart. The other day we were running errands and she hopped in the car shutting the car door behind her, but not before it caught Elles head. She didn't see her getting in behind her. While I got Elle settled and calmed down, Here is Blynn crying. What the.... I asked her what was wrong and she just replied "I feel bad for hitting her head!" She's our sensitive one.

One day she came in the house and ran up to Elle and said she had something for her. She gave her a great big hug!! It was so cute! BrookLynn, we are so glad to have you in our family. We love you so much!!

4 comments:

The Leithead Family said...

Awesome posts! Loved the temple square pictures...what a beautiful place! Looks like BrookLynn had a good birthday...we are still sad we weren't there to celebrate with her. Hope all is well...miss you. Hope to see you at Christmas!!

Shawnee said...

What kind of camera do you have? I need one like that. It was good to see you at Thanksgiving. BLynn was so much fun! Hope to see you in a few weeks.

Ercanbracks said...

Your girls are beautiful and I love keeping up on your life through your blog. I didn't know BLynn's first 5 months were awful. I went through the same thing! I still go into anxiety attack mode when I see a newborn baby :(. I miss you and am grateful that you were such a good friend to an awkward, strange younger girl!

Stacey said...

She is so adorabel. She looks like your mom, I think...beautiful! Great name, too!! *wink*