Monday, November 17, 2008

Bows!!





K. So I've been workin on making some korker bows. My friend is doing a Boutique during Thanksgiving weekend and asked if I would do some bows to help fill her booth. Its been fun. Kind of stress relieving in a small way too. My kitchen table is out of comission and has been for the last couple days, but oh well! I probably will do some more crafts before we leave for Wyo!!! Yeah! So excited!! We might freeze, but at least it will be fun! Right?! So anyhow, heres a little peek.......FYI if they all don't sell, I will try to sell them on here so keep your eyes peeled! :)
Oh and another little side note...... Yesterday. (I will pretend that whoever reads this is on the edge of their seats waiting to find out how yesterday went.)
I was dreading choir yesterday.
I think I let this fellow get to me, hurt my pride or feelings whatever you want to call it...... so I really didn't even want to go. (plus the fact that yet again I hadn't found a piano this week.......) I was feeling extremely guilty for the choirister though. Stressful for her, yes. Also I told the accompianist that I would fill in for her. Anyhow, I just decided to pray for much needed love and get our butts to church. I was of course lolligagging around and we would be a couple minutes late. They had already started, and to my delight someone else was playing. The sister who had laughed at me the week previous :)..... so I sat down and joined the choir singing...... I could tell she was sweating bullets and extremely uncomfortable. I'm so mean!! I think she got a taste of what I felt last week. I did get back up and relieved her. It was fine. Mean brother in the back didn't say anything :). Thanks! I got through it and proceeded to take the girls to the potty, drinks etc before the meeting started. I felt good. I forgave the poor guy who didn't even know I was offended or hurt.
As I was just about to our seat, here comes the same sister who filled in for me. She didn't look so hot. I didn't see her husband and she plays the organ for sacrament meeting...... you getting my drift......I thought at first she needed help with her little girl then she tells me she is going HOME...... and gives me the look of will you fill in for me!!!! Yes, I started to sweat major bullets. It so came full circle to bite me in the hiney. I haven't touched the organ since my first encounter with it. Plus side, I knew all the hymns we were going to sing. Down side.....couldn't remember jack .....all those buttons......hmmmm. I started praying for some major help. There was only a couple minutes left to play some prelude. I was trying to remember, presssing some stops, accidently pushed a button and the volume sky rocketed, I was hitting some wrong notes.....sigh............... Holy cow. I just laughed. Embarrassed as I was, I couldn't do anything about it. I just tried to get through it. :) I did. Glad to get to class and not have a lesson, I notice there was no piano player in Primary. I played. That was a joy. It felt like home.
I did ask my partner who teaches with me, "you do have the lesson right!!??"
I don't like surprises....... at least not at church! :)

5 comments:

The Leithead Family said...

ha ha!! You have the worst Sundays!! Aren't you supposed to be able to relax and enjoy the good word?? :) You will get lots of blessings, though. You deserve em at least!! Love the bows! They are all very adorable. I especially love all the ones with black and hot pink. And really liked the ones with red in them. You are awesome!! I will let you know if I come up with any other color combos...but you really should just make more of the same! They are way cute!!

nina said...

Are you selling any of your bows for people to order? They are really pretty.

Lauren said...

Super cute bows! They turned out great. Hopefully you can sell them all! :) HA HA on the whole piano/organ thing. I had to BEG my bishop to not release me from playing the organ since I am now Primary president. :) They are letting me keep it. I love it!

Michelle Thompson said...

I love your bows. What a talented gal you are!

avisiontoremember said...

I love the bows. I have really wanted to attempt to make some, maybe I will now. Can you take pictures of my family next time we see you!?!