Monday, November 10, 2008

Accident-prone child, Mr. Mayes home, Sunday......

Doesn't look like much does it? I guess when they act like they are on the verge of dying!! I tend to react a bit differently......hope I'm not the only mother out there that tends to over-react!!!!


Catching everyone back up to speed.....on Thursday, I was walking Elle into class. I usually just drop her off out front and go. But, anywho, the path is gravel and has cement stepping stones in the middle of the path. She was running and her toe grabbed the last stone and she went down. HARD. She hit her jaw on the cement step. At first it looked like she hit her neck. With plenty of tears, her teacher took her inside and put a band-aid on it. So I left. Long story short, she was in a lot of pain. She could talk fine, so I knew it wasn't broken and I asked the doctors ass. if it should be looked at. Of course they made a appointment and got her in right away. Sigh..... so with bread in the oven baking (yes it was a first) Eli to be landing in less than 45 min. We hurried to the hospital. (Thats where her pediatrician is) He thinks its okay but wants an x-ray just to make sure....bigger sigh......Eli already touched down and is waiting. And I am seriously stressing out because I don't think she is going to do so hot. I told her what it would be like.....(to this day she has already had a CT scan, couple other x-rays, etc) same old story. Disaster, drama, coaxing, forcing, Bribing, you name it. Somehow we got her on the little platform and she is moving while they do this, so I know that we will need another one. Sheesh. Yep, one more. She calmly steps up on the platform and holds still. Good, we are done and are able to go get Eli. (note* x-ray was fine. obviously.)
**another note** the following night, she was playing on the bar chair in the kitchen, with her loving sister pushing it in circles when crash!!! Yep she landed on the back of her head......bloody nose. Till the next accident..........
So its been great having Mr. Mayes back with us! Can't tell you how wonderful it is. (his student is here too......) I am a very happy woman!! not that his student is staying with us! With Eli being home......
K, Sunday was going to be a busy day. I had sharing time, a lesson for our class, and piano solo in sacrament meeting. Oh and a biggy.....accompany for choir which I totally forgot. Stress for me. Oh and another thing, Elle had a talk. When it rains, it pours!!! :) So i try to find a paino piece for me. I usually wouldn't have a hard time with this, but of course its proving otherwise. Can't find one that fits. I thought I found one, called the bulliten person. Then changed my mind. Got the lesson prepared, figured out sharing time and got the things I needed for it done. Got Elle's talk prepared, and spent some much needed time with Mr. Mayes! My favorite. (and totally forgot about choir) Oh sheesh..... I get stressed pretty easy. Don't know why, but I do lately. Sucks. Get to church and ask another lady who has accompanied for choir already, if she wants to help me out. She laughs. yes, she laughed at me. So i did my best. Sightreading with four freakin sharps, I did my best. Was it good enough? I thought it was okay. Nope, one kind gentleman in the back row keeps belting out G SHARP!!! we were working on this particular section, so we were going over it multiple times. Again....G SHARP!!! I've already checked and re-checked my self to make sure i was playing it right. Ya, this time I was right. (I let everyone know when I got there that it would be pretty rough, obviously this gentleman didn't care) One last time G SHARP!!!!! Um sir, Would you please be kind enough to come show me what a g-sharp is? Great. Oh, that one!! GREAT! CUZ THATS WHAT I"VE BEEN PLAYING!!!!! K, I really didn't say that.... I was too busy blinking back the wall of tears ready to explode forth from my eyes. I very nicely told him that I was playing a sharp. Blink, blink, blink, blink, blink........man is it hot in here!! :) Boy was I sure glad when it was over!! (note to self.....I don't think i will forget to practice this week!! Yes, one more week of this) Oh! Even better, Eli was in choir and heard this guy. He was ready to get up and leave. :) AH.....so sweet. He knew I was dyin down there!!! The rest of the day went okay. We did a puppet show for our sharing time. The kids seemed to like it!! I was super happy to get home and eat my yummy roast and mashed potatoes!!! Oh and Elle did so good on her talk. She sang I Am a Child of God. And did fabulous. She didn't even wait for me to play the paino!!! It was so heart warming! She even had the small speaking part memorized.....just wonderful!!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Poor Elle! I'm glad that everything turned out ok. Glad that Eli is home now-it's the best to spend time with your hubby. Crazy Sunday, huh? I would've been so mad at that man! I'm sure that you did great!

The Leithead Family said...

You had a crazy weekend. Sounds like you had too much on your plate!! Hope they take it a little easier on ya next Sunday...just tell the "kind man in the back" to SHOVE IT!! ha ha...just kiddin'.

Michelle Thompson said...

You always have to have at least one child that is accident prone. Dustin has been to the hospital many times and had surgery and a few stiches and needed stiches that he didn't get. Good luck!

avisiontoremember said...

You crack me up! I am so glad the Elle is ok and that things are getting back to normal (at least for a couple of days). We miss you guys! Bobbie

danielandjamaica said...

You need my cell # so I can go pick up your husband if you are at the ER! :) And so you can call me to go to the next expo or whatever. Santas Workshop! Our kids are playing their violins at the Jubilee on Sun. and at the Dicken's festival Thurs. and Haleigh is in a poly. dance group on Sat. The REAL Santa is at the Dickens Festival!
I would have let that guy have it in the back row of your choir! That's why that's not my calling. :)