Tuesday, September 9, 2008

7 Years!!

Wow! How time flies! On Sunday Eli and I celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary! Its been wonderful. I can't imagine my life without him! He is my best friend and will always be! We never thought it would turn out like this.
We lived across the road from each other growing up. We had our own friends and didn't really associate with each other.....except maybe mutual. I was good buddies with his cousin who lived inbetween us. I was in college (not far from home) when he returned from his mission. My mom called me one Sunday and said that he had come home from his mission and I should call him. I was like, "Are you crazy?!" I didn't know him that good to call out of the blue.....just to call? She bugged me endlessly to call him. Finally one night I saw him at a concert at the college. His first comment took me off guard, then I was kind of offish. I saw him at a couple different activities and then one night I was at his brothers appartment and we decided to go play soccer with the institute. It was so much fun. We flirted like crazy....then I had to leave to go work.....I was so bummed but yet on this high! He said he would call, and a two months later he did! We went up to the mountains with his friend Rob. Robs dad was a Game and Fish guy, so we went to their cabin. We had so much fun. We played a fun quarter game (so we touched hands a lot! :) I was so giddy. They had this M-80, and we put it in a pop bottle (I think) and tried to blow it up. For some reason it didn't work....so Eli and I walked over and tried over and over to get it to go off. It never did. Eli told me that if we did get blown up we would have to get married because no one else would want to marry either of us! I agreed. After that we saw more and more of each other. I would drive by his house to see if his purple people eater was there and he would drive by my house etc. We knew that we were going to get married. Couldn't help it. We even tried to take a break from each other. (that only lasted a day or two) So he proposed the last day of June. That day we went up to the mountains to get firewood with some of his family. We got home and were just chillin when he said that needed to use the bathroom. I was like okay. It was very strange...... my family spread. THAT alone should have been key enough that something was up. He was in there forever!! When he came back in, he was all dressed up!!! Suit coat with a rose in it... (remember I was still gross from being up in the mountains!) he brought in a chair from the kitchen and told me to sit down by the piano. He proceeded to sing a song he wrote. Then got down on one knee and asked if I would marry him! Of course I said Yes! It was great! I couldn't be more greatful for such a wonderful companion. he makes me so happy and treats me so much better than I deserve. His patience alone makes him the best. He serves others constantly. Always finding someone that needs some help. He is so funny. He can make me laugh when I don't want to. He is such a wonderful father. His girls love him so much! We just can't seem to get enough daddy, husband, family time. Especially lately. Every minute counts. I love Eli so much. There are days that I just wonder what I did to deserve this guy. He is the best that they come! He comes from a great family. I love them. I owe someone big. He does everything he can to provide for us, even if its something he doesn't want to do. He always sees the bigger picture. I'm greatful to have someone that always helps to laundry, dishes, cleaning etc. He is truly amazing.
We were married on September 7, 2001 in the Billings Montana Temple. It was a rainy day. He called early that morning and told my mom that he had cold feet. She handed the phone to me and I wanted to cry. He told me he was warming them up so we could go get married. I wanted to jump through the phone and strangle him. (He is a very big teaser) the sky was black. I was so hopeful that it would clear by the time we got out. It didn't. To top everything off, I didn't have a wedding photographer. I don't know what the deal was, but its the one thing I regret the most. I am very envious of others wedding day photos. (Bad, I know.) But I am glad that i still have what makes me the most happiest, he will forever be my best friend, eternal companion, and :). (i'll let you fill in the blank) Four days after we were married 9/11 happened. We didn't have any sort of a honeymoon thanks to school......i doubt we would have had one anyhow. I think we are waiting until he can fly us where ever we wish.....free. :)
So, heres to 7 years of wedded bliss!! And we hope for many for to come!!
On Sunday we went out to Gunlock for a fun dinner with some of our friends. Thats how we celebrated. He had to leave again today. So when he returns, we hopefully will be able to go celebrate!!!
ps.....sorry about no pictures. I must be a dork, cuz I'm the one behind our camera all the time and never have any pics of us together..........or even ask someone to take it for us. Sad. I'm trying to get some of our wedding up.

1 comment:

Mand Spanier said...

congrats on your anniversary. I have to admit i didnt like you in the beggining not because of you but because you married my favorite cousin and i knew it would be like everyone else that gets married and i would never really see him again. Its true lol but i love you now you are an amiazing cousin mother and wife lol thanx for taking care of my fav cuz!! oh and ps brad and i are getting sealed in billings montana temple in july. Brad will have been a member for a year on april 13th and thats when we will start temple prep classes and then the beggining of july when the runion is we will be getting sealed beofre it PLEASE come i want you both to be there to be with us!!!!!!!