Tuesday, September 9, 2008

(*sigh............*)

I am trying to get all caught up. It seems like life was so boring and drab when Mr. Mayes was gone and it got all crazy when he returned. Now its supremely (is that a word?) boring and I'm playing catch up. So heres another post to add the last 3 or so. This story has touched my life.
I don't think a day goes by that I'm not caught thinking about this family. I love to surf blogs. I found a blog Nie Nie Dialogues . This woman amazed me. She has four children and the love of her life. She shows how to be the best mother ever. I've read her blog several times. Her husband shares a love that Mr. Mayes does. Flying. Something about her blog captured my attention from the very beginning. They were on their way back from somewhere (flying) and they crashed. Both survived but the flight instructor passed away. Both have severe burns. The four kids are with family in Provo. I'm in tears reading about thier struggle to live. Her burns cover 83 percent of her body. His over 35 percent. This families struggle is heart wrenching. Friends, family, and fellow bloggers have come together like you wouldn't believe. Over 350 different silent auctions went on last week. I think they have raised close to $100,000. The hospital bills will be in the millions. They will be there for a couple months. The family (especially one of the sisters, her blog has updates. here ) tells of their experiences. The spirit is so strong. I would love to help everyway I can, but our finances don't let me do that now. All I can do is pray for them.

I thank her for her example to show me how I can possibly be the best mother to my girls, and still be there for my husband. This story is very touching. I encourage everyone to read hers then her sisters.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

All I can say is Amazing. What an amazing family to be able to pull together in this tragic accidnet. I spent about an hour once I looked at the blog. I can't even imagine. I am glad you shared this. I added it to mine and hope that we can all help. Your amazing to me too..
Keep it up!