Saturday, May 31, 2008

Green thumbs?? I doubt it.....

mmm...my fav radishes!!









Well we took a little plunge. Day before we left for Wyoming Eli made the decision to plant a garden....in the girls' sand box. I was estatic and so was the girls! Funny huh? The sand was so fine its was tracked in the house. You could feel it on the floors barefooted but you couldn't see it! It was a neighborhood attraction so its great to cut the traffic in our backyard!

The girls love to go out and help water and do whatever is needed! Pretty fun!


So he brought in some top soil and planted tomatoes, peas, corn, radishes, and cucumbers. They are all looking great so far.....we just hope the heat doesn't incinerate them!! Amazing enough we have had an extremely mild spring!! So we will do our best to keep it goin!! Our first little garden!!! Yea!

2 comments:

Shawnee said...

Something to try with your girls: Planting in balloons. I did it this week my my preschool class and they loved it. With a funnel, add dirt and water to a balloon (clear or white). Then add seeds. I did radishes and they grew pretty quickly. Hang in a window. Works like a greenhouse. The girls will love putting them together. Good luck.

KrIStiN said...

hey Kristin....it's kristin (allred)owens can i say you're girls are soSTINKIN cute? I can't believe how big they are getting...anyway..just wanted to say Hi! talk to you soon!