Saturday, April 17, 2010

Nice long day

Today we had a great day! The girls and I picked up Eli early this am in Cedar. He decided to come down and go to the kite festival with us! We didn't tell the girls anything, so it was a fun surprise for them. We hadn't ever gone to the Kite Festival, so I decided that we better go before we move. (notice there are no pics of any kites. haha! There were kites there. Didn't have a ton of wind though) It was very nice today. We all got some sun!! Welcome summer weather! :)

After we got home we grabbed some friends that the girls don't get to play with very often. They kept the front lawn, driveway, vehicles, rocks, bushes...etc etc WET. :) (love Paityns pose)
Enjoyed some snow cones....

And water for her.....hehe!! It was pretty cute. She "lapped" it up!








Tractor rides...

On to the next adventure


She cracks me up


Ava was excellent! So much to look at!


More bounce houses

....and more great expressions


Showing off some face painting. Don't ask me how Ava's toes got in this one! They sure are cute though. And very editable looking!


* **************************************************************************
Friday after school we went over to Blynn's Art Festival at the school. They were showing off art work and dancing and other performances. We saw some of her art and enjoyed a little dance by the first graders.





They acted out the book, "Giraffe's can't Dance". It was very cute! She kept dancing on the other side of the gym! So here is a nice motion pic.



Blynn with her butterfly. One of the teacher just passed away from cancer. (B's old teacher, Mrs. Neilsen, left in Jan to go help the other teacher. So B got a new teacher.) Anyhow, K-5 all did different kinds of butterflies and decorated the entrance of the school in memory of this teacher. It looked great! I wished I would have got a pic. It was so congested :(
A quick funny. For me anyhow. I was a little stressed Thursday night/Friday. Eli and I totally went through all of our crap. We packed a lot of stuff and made a nice mess. Looked like a tornado. I was so tired and ready to hit the sack when I remembered that we were having the bug guy come and spray, and also a insulation guy come and do some work. They pick days for stuff like this and let you know. They do the whole complex at the same time. So I was so embarassed at how the house looked. Yes, granted we are in the process of moving, but still!!! I tried to hurry and straighten up. (cat, I remember the time when you forgot your bug guy was coming and didn't remember till he showed up on your doorstep. haha! Couldn't get to the base boards! :) Same deal here) I kept trying to tell myself....bug guys don't spray very well anyway. we are moving, who cares? Anyhow, I got it presentable enough and sure enough I had insulation spread out everywhere. But still no bug guys. Weird. They usually come early in the am. Got busy and totally spaced it. We ran errands and did our thing. Then when we were outside visiting with neighbors and they were discussing the day. One set of neighbors totally spaced that people were coming and surprised them by entering their home! Nobody mentioned anything about the bug guy. Why? CUZ HE CAME ON TUESDAY!!!!
Its a good thing I don't remember what condition the house was in!!!! We managed to miss him twice! Once when they came in the am for the outside, and later that day for the inside.....
I give up.

5 comments:

Rach n Adam said...

The Kite Festival looked like fun!! It was such a nice day too! We still haven't gone to one yet...maybe next year! Thanks again for taking my kids. You are awesome for doing that and it makes me even more sad that you're moving! :( Oh and your story about the bug guy, I totally did that too where I frantically cleaned the house and he never showed up...only to find the paper that showed that he was scheduled for the day before! haha

Kara said...

Beautiful pictures!

Michelle Thompson said...

Where are you guys moving to?

Kimberly said...

Looks like a great time!! I'm excited that you guys are moving here!!

The Edwards said...

I must have missed something...you are moving here?!?! how exciting!...your kite festival pics make me so excited for summer. You have beautiful girls and take gorgeous pictures. Thanks for sharing!