Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Oh Elle.

Yesterday I was running earrands at Wal-mart. I just had to run in and grab a couple of things. In, out, and back home. It of course being the week before Christmas, was packed. Everyone and their dog was there. I was eyeing the frozen food section :) for a quick idea for dinner. Out of my sub-conscience I hear Elle talking. Then it registered. "Look Mom!! A PIRATE!!"

Couple second delay..........

I look down the aisle in front of me, (coming my way) and sure enough.... a gentleman was wearing a an eye patch. He kind of had a little smirk, but also a look of "what are you going to say?"
Nice.

Turn down nearest aisle. ASAP.

Tell Elle not to say another word about anyone she sees.

*side note* the time it took to type this, I really just ruined the mac n cheese. It was cooking on the stove. I forgot about it. Lets just say its REALLY done. :) Anyone hungry?!! lol!

Have your kids ever made you blush in public?!! Tell me about it!

5 comments:

Gina said...

haha oh man I dont know if i want kye to start talking!

Kara said...

While shopping at Albertsons, Katelyn pointed to the backside of the person in front of us and said, "whoa thats a big bum!"
You could say I blushed.
Or there was the time when we saw an aquaintance at the store. They had just had a baby and Jason asked them what they named him. When Katelyn heard the name, she started laughing hysterically and said "thats such a funny name." And it was, but still quite embarrassing.
Kids you gotta love them and their honesty.

Michelle Croft said...

Remember when Emma decided she didn't like pull-ups when we were in the cell phone store? At least there wasn't any skin showing in your moment! Children are what keeps us humble.

nina said...

Ha ha... that's pretty funny. Mine wasn't to bad. But I did here from one of the daycare teachers once that Kayla had been going around telling everyone her dad was a black man. This was when she was like 3. Ha ha.... I think she clearly doesn't have any black in her ;)

danielandjamaica said...

When Haleigh was little we were in Wal-mart (what a better place to find people to comment about?) and there was a man in a wheel chair with only one leg. She screamed, "MOM! SOMEONE STOLE THAT GUYS LEG!"
And just the other day we were at her Luau at the WCCC and the basketball game was on in the lobby and there were all these polynesians watching the game and she commented on one of the black basketball players, "That guy is so dark, he looks like a brownie!"
She also asked one of my YW when I was Laurel Advisor if she was prego. She was a little over weight, but that was really embarrassing.